Thursday 18 March 2010

St. Patty's Day snow...and Slingbox!




Well, so much for spring arriving anytime soon. I had read that it was supposed to snow yesterday but I was anticipating a few flakes, well...I was wrong. I was at school and at about 2:00 one of my kids said "teacher, it's snowing!" Well, 9 hours later it was still snowing, and last night coming home from school really did feel more like December than mid March. It has snowed so much here this winter compared to last year. This morning when I woke up though the sun is out and the snow looks really pretty. Here are a few pictures from my apartment. Also, as promised a few months ago here is a picture of one of our school backpacks. I think they are pretty cute, and they look sharp when I see the kids wearing them, much better than our old generic bags that were just powder blue with some cartoon character named Goorumi (yeah, I have no idea! HA). The bag said "if you're ever sad, just remember Goorumi loves you!" Wow, what a comforting thought there! But hey, the old bags were only 2,000 Won so you get what you pay for. I really like the new bags and Dana and I were pretty excited when we got them.
Ok, if you've never heard of Slingbox, you might be missing out on one of the greatest inventions ever. Basically it's a way to watch TV from a remote site (I don't care much about TV other then sports). So, my friend Jarvis hooked one up to his TV box in Florida, then I can access it through a website and I can watch his TV, just like I'm sitting in a La-Z-Boy at his house. I can even see the remote on my laptop, just as if I held it in my hand. So, he and I watched the whole ACC tournament (which, by the way Duke won!!) and were able to chat during the games using Yahoo Messenger. So, in effect he and I can watch games together now...it's amazing. I hadn't seen a Duke game in almost 2 years, so it was really exciting for me. The only problem was I had to watch the games at 2 AM here, since of course US and Korea times are so different, but...he can record things and I can watch them at my leisure if I want, but any of you that know me know that I would rather watch it live at 2 AM then recorded at 9 AM. Anyway...sorry for the ramble there, but I'm very excited to have access to this thing especially now that it's NCAA tourney time! Thanks Jarvis!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, That would explain why your dragging butt in the morning. Merlin

Rebecca said...

Wow, that is a lot of snow for March. I am sick of the snow, even if it makes for good pictures! And I like the backpacks a lot! They look very cool. March Madness begins ;)

Greta said...

I was wondering if you had tried slingbox out. We never use ours anymore now that we get BYU games.

Mom said...

Guess lots of places are still getting snow. We had snow off and on all day Friday. But spring begins today!
The backpacks are really neat!