Thursday 11 December 2008

Korean basketball
























































Sorry I've been SOOO horrible writing, I always have good intentions and then just don't write and then the days go by and then I just kind of forget or figure the stuff I was going to say is old news now. So...I'll be honest, these pictures are a few weeks old, but I guess they're still new, right?! HAHA
I had the chance to go to a Dongbu Promy basketball game a few weeks ago. I was actually pretty impressed with the skills the guys had...we're not talking LeBron and Dirk here, but still they were actually pretty decent. I have seen some of the guys balling at the playgrounds here, and I can say in all honesty that as much as I love Koreans...they are awful at basketball for the most part. They can certainly kill me in badminton though. Anyway...my friend bought some tickets for the game for 6,000 Won, which is about $4.50 and we actually had some pretty good seats. As I said over the summer after going to the Doosan Bears game...Korean sports fans are amazing. There is never a dull moment and they had a dude out leading people in cheers about 20 minutes before the game even started! In Charlotte we were lucky if there were fans 20 minutes AFTER the game started. They had balloons for everyone and they waived them around and cheered like crazy. Dongbu is by far the best team over the past 6 or 7 years, they had like 4 championship banners up in the rafters. In the Korean Basketball League each team is allowed 2 foreign players, I guess so the league isn't over run by foreigners. There were two really big dudes from the US and then some speedy Koreans. The game was pretty fun to watch and Dongbu pretty much dominated the game and destroyed K.C.C.
As I said, these pictures are a few weeks old, so I'll also include some pictures of the leaves changing.
I promise I will do better with this thing...that's one of my resolutions...so I'll do better for a few weeks and then not write again, kind of like my journals! HAHA
Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Greta said...

We miss you. And I am kind of disappointed Tom's name isn't listed with your favorite bands. He downloaded sheet music for a bunch of Christmas carols and we have been singing at night with the girls. It is really fun. anyway, we think about you often.

Rebecca said...

Sounds fun! And I've gotta show these pictures to Luke. I'm sure he'd love to see Korean basketball ;)

Greta said...

Ha Ha. I noticed you added Tom.