Saturday 17 January 2009

Lotte World





















Last Saturday I had the chance to go to Lotte World (pronounced Low-tay). When I first got to Korea I thought it was pronounced "law-tee." HAHA, there are a bunch of Lotte Marts, similar to like a Wal-Mart, so when I first got here I was calling them Law-tee Mart, and no one knew what I was talking about. Anyway...Lotte World is, according to their website , the world's largest indoor theme park. It was quite impressive, there are three floors shops, restaurants, etc. On the bottom floor there is also an ice skating rink, but my skating skills are pretty much non-existent, so I didn't venture out onto the ice. It is seperated into an indoor and outdoor park. I was a little surprised that the outdoor rides were open, it was maybe mid 20's and pretty windy. The sun was shining, so it appeared to be a nice day, but trust me it was COLD! I was shocked how many people were out riding the roller coasters and other rides with the weather as cold as it was, but they were. Trust me though...I ventured out to see the rides, and then went right back inside. I love roller coasters, etc. but not when it's 20 degrees. I was happy that inside they had a really fun roller coaster and some other really cool rides like a viking ship, a ride in a jeep through Pharoah's tomb, and then a balloon ride where you are in a balloon at the very top of the park. The pictures aren't the best...it was pretty dark inside when I finally started taking pics, so they didn't turn out great. It was a lot of fun and a really cool place to go visit!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

It's crazy, because the sun is shining, but I can tell by your face that it is cold! haha. Crazy boy at Lotte World when it's freezing cold. That's not the site that had the little music Cheyenne loved, or is it? Thanks for a fun little update to read about! Have a great weekend.

Ben said...

I think it is the same site that Cheyenne loved...I think they just changed the music. It might have been another amusement park called Everland if you want to check! HA...she really liked that music!

Rebecca said...

I think it was Everland...but it appears they have changed their music, too! That was so funny to watch last summer. I've been listening to your music today.