Tuesday 17 February 2009

Taejosan Hike
























































Last Saturday I went for a little hike up Taejosan, it's a small mountain close to Cheonan. It was a beautiful morning, but by afternoon it had cooled off quite a bit and by early evening it was COLD! I put several pictures of a bridge that spans over the road. It's really high and it was kind of windy, so the bridge was moving back and forth and was a little bit scary! HA! There is a small Buddhist temple there...legend has it that a flock of cranes discovered the spot for the temple, so you'll notice above Buddha's head there are a bunch of wooden cranes, I thought they were really cool...I've never seen cranes at a Buddhist temple before. The temple was on the side of the hill and the stairs leading from building to building are really steep. I wish my camera captured color a little better, the colors of those laterns were really amazing especially this time of year.
After we left the temple I saw a little dog that reminded me so much of Chaco...this little dog was so sweet too! HA
I'm also posting a picture with John, he was one of my favorite students he speaks English really well and is a super cool kid. He moved to China over the weekend, so I got a picture with him before he left. I've been here almost 8 months and he's the only kid worthy of taking a picture with! HAHA Just joking...

2 comments:

Greta said...

That is totally Chaco.

Rebecca said...

It's so funny to see your handwriting actually contain lower case letters. Don't see that very often! That bridge would have freaked me out, a lot! Hope your week is going great.