Saturday 22 May 2010

Welcome to my neighborhood







OK, I finally got some pictures of the lanterns as promised. I have had a few friends say they were curious what some of the things around the neighborhood looked like, so I decided to go out and take a few pics of that too...nothing special, I just snapped these on the way to school the other day, but I thought you might like to see where I am everyday. There are of course some pics of the lanterns, they look really cool...hard to capture that in a picture but I really like seeing those everyday, they're very colorful. My apartment building is really tall, so I couldn't get it all in the picture, I should have taken a picture a few weeks ago, there were some really pretty flowers on some of the bushes out front, but they've all gone away. The big building is the library on Nazareth University campus looking back toward my apartment. I believe Nazareth is a branch of the university of the same name in the States. They are building several new buildings on campus right now. It's a nice campus and I walk through there each day on my way to catch either the bus or the subway. The next picture is looking down from Nazareth to the Ssangyong subway station. The last picture is of course the basketball courts at Nazareth, I've met quite a few cool guys over there playing. They just re-surfaced the courts and they are really nice to play on. There are usually quite a few guys out there playing, so it's always a good time. I might try and get some pics next week out in Asan near my school so you can get an idea what that area is like. They are building several HUGE apartment complexes out there by the school...if I'm still here teaching in a few years we could probably get quite a few kids from there.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love seeing regular every day pictures like that. All of those apartment buildings are so tall. And I love the big library. Thanks for the pictures!!!

mom said...

Thanks for the pictures. Nice to see some pictures from places you go every day. The lanterns are interesting, I would love seeing those each day.

Tanya said...

Nice to see some pics! Even better to see what you see everday--glad you posted them. Keep posting! :)

Greta said...

Thanks for the updates! And the fun comments on my blog. And Tom is getting VERY old. J/K. He is so busy right now I haven't had time to even tell him you posted on the blog. (He is the Executive Secretary in the ward, plus busy busy with work. I think it should be illegal for someone with Narcolepsy to have to be at church meetings by 6am!)

Darrell said...

Awesome, thanks.